Sunday, December 03, 2006

Holiday Meme thingy

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Both....though not at the same time...

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Mostly wrapped...big things like bikes or other large objects are set under (or near) tree.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Right now they're coloured, but I used to have the white icicle lights on my old place.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, I dont', but I would if I had some. I loves me some Hubby smooches.

5. When do you put up your decorations?
It depends on my mood and my time constraints...I currently have decorations set out but the tree will have to wait till next weekend.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
We have a tradition of having one of the following desserts: either homemade pan cherry cheescake or pineapple delight, so I'd have to say that...or my stuffing :)

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
The year I got my flute.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I remember very vividly...I was 12 (catholic and naive) and I found out at the same time that the Easter Bunny was Mom and Dad, too.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, it was a tradition in my family and it's usually pyjamas to sleep in on Christmas Eve.

10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree?
It's mostly decorations collected over the 34 years I have been alive. Some were donated from my family tree, and some either the kids made or I've picked up over the years.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread?
Hate snow....if it didn't make Christmas homey and warm and bright, I'd say f*ck snow altogether, but Christmas snow is good. Just go away by New Years LOL

12. Can you ice skate?
I have not ice skated since childhood. I think I'd give myself shin splints and heel spurs just putting the damned things on. LOL.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
See question 7.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
See question 6.

16 What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Everyone getting together Xmas morning for homemade 'Egg McMuffins' at my parents' place.

17. What tops your tree?
A crocheted angel that my mother in law made for us a few years ago.

18. What is your favourite holiday book?
I'd have to say "T'was the Night Before Christmas"

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Carol of the Bells and The Little Drummer Boy

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy?
I love candy canes...especially the Crush ones that come in Grape and Orange!!

21. What is your favourite Holiday movie?
OMG this is a HARRRRD one. I've been watching the Charlie Brown Christmas special every year for as long as I can remember, and I still love watching it, but believe it or not, my favourite holiday film is "Love, Actually". It's brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home