Sunday, August 06, 2006

Witchy Wiles

While my beautiful daughter watches Practical Magic, and the scent of last night's bonfire still lingers around the neighbourhood (neighbours had a party across the way with a huge bonfire in the middle of their backyard), I'm finding myself wishing I hadn't been so sick at Fest. All I've wanted to do for months now is commune with Mother and feel Her presence. The Bear and I will be spending the night camping in our backyard tonight, and I can't wait. I'm going to find my BOS in my closet and dust off a few spells. I've denied the witch in me for so long, it's about time she came back out of the closet herself! The full moon is but a few days away, and there are things that must be done, in my opinion, to strengthen things around myself and my home/family.

I wonder sometimes how I can call myself witch, when the tedium of the mundane life still seems to choke every fabric of my being of late. The Goddess knows my toils, I'm sure... in fact, I think it is She who puts these obstacles in my path from time to time just to see if I'm paying attention. I AM paying attention. I just can't seem to fit Her in my daily life like I KNOW I need to.

So, today, not being a particularly important day, I vow to play my part as Her emmissary and start acting like the witch I am.

And now that I've declared that to no one in particular, I'm going to go take a shower and send Peej out to mow the front lawn...heh.

2 Comments:

At 9:25 p.m. , Blogger Kris said...

Sounds like a perfect evening. I love Practical Magick. Ironically I find myself identifying more with the old biddies than the young ones. Guess it's my "old soul" stuck in this 30-something body ;P LOL. Greetings from Ottawa :)

 
At 10:15 a.m. , Blogger Raevyn said...

Welcome to the Chronicles, tigerlily!! *waves to Ottawa native* do you frequent any of the pagan get-togethers?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home