Tuesday, August 22, 2006

*stamps foot impetuously* But I wanted to HELP!!

Okay, first of all, soy chocolate milk is my new best friend...

Second of all, something happened this evening that definitely rated a 9.0 on my weird-shit-o-meter...

Driving home around 6:15, I was just getting to Kanata, when, about four car lengths ahead of me, a rusty brown Volvo suddenly veers off to the left and crashes into the ditch. Whoa. So, being the Good Samaritan (yeah yeah wrong religion, just go with it, k?) I fancy myself to be, I immediately skid into the shoulder, put my hazards on and reach for my cell phone, prepared to call 911 if necessary. A City of Ott*awa employee pulled in behind me, obviously doing the same thing I was doing: making sure this person wasn't hurt. I was jogging towards him, motioning to the car that I didn't know what was going on, but was en route to find out. I had JUST reached the C.O.O. guy when he turned, and we both watched, dumbfounded, as this white-haired old geezer backed his now even MORE banged up old clunker out of the ditch and squealed away, leaving the C.O.O. and I staring at each other in bewilderment. Whaddafuck just happened? I shrugged and the C.O.O. guy kind of chuckled at me as I said "Idunno, I guess he didn't want help, eh?". We concluded that either he was blind as a bat and accidentally slipped off the highway, he fell asleep at the wheel or he was, as my Dad so eloquently put it "Pissed as a newt". We figure it was probably the last, and knowing that he'd get caught driving drunk, he got out of there as soon as he cleared the fuzzies out of his skull long enough to find the little. white. lines.

He sped past us without so much as a glance in our direction. You're welcome you collosally ungrateful schmuck. I hope next time you veer that car into a rock cut. In the middle of Bumfuck Nowhere where no one passes. NYAH :P

Some people's children. SHEESH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home