Saturday, January 03, 2009

Drowning in a sea of WHAT NEXT?!!!

Yes, it's me, I'm back. In black. Well navy actually.... well you get the point.

I said last time that I would try harder to blog more regularly and well, that fell through like a led zeppelin, obviously. So much has gone on in the past few months, and indeed, in the past few weeks, that I haven't thought much about this blog, but maybe this is the time when I should, eh?

Hubby was laid off exactly one week before Christmas. He's working full time right now, being paid under the table at the local Pizza Squared joint. It's good money, but it also means that we never see him. I work early morning to early afternoon, and he works early afternoon to late evening, sometimes early morning. *sigh* As if we haven't done this enough in our lives.

Okay, enough with the pity party. My life has been far from uninteresting. Starting the end of the month I'll be taking on a second job (cuz ya know, I just have WAY too much time on my hands *eye roll*) setting up a new GT Boutique store here in town (NOT the actual name, but those of you who know the chain, know what I'm talking about). Should be fun at any rate. And it pays decent. And there's an opportunity for it to become full time, and therefore, it's finally out of the food industry I go. Forever. Cuz ya know, sometimes enough's enough.

The kids are doing well. Peej got his first job working at a local farm equipment depot right around the corner from us. A bi-weekly paycheque has put a real grin on that gorgeous kid's face, lemme tell you. He's going to New York City with his band in the spring and he's proud as a peacock to be able to say that he can pay his own way. Chrisco is still struggling with school but with the help of Nana and Papa and Mrs. Z (my old spanish teacher!) I think he will end grade seven with a bang. B-grrl of course, is growing by the nanosecond. She's radiant, funny and SNOTTY. I can't begin to tell you that she's nearly 10...going on 30. I've already seen the evidence that she's a) boy crazy b) totally full of herself and c) a joy to have in my life, regardless.

Okies, I'm getting a little scrambled in my thoughts, so I'm going to close this for now and hopefully I won't forget this blog again any time soon. There's going to be lots of changes and hopefully I will have the energy and the inclination to document it.

I don't promise it will be witty, funny, or even remotely interesting, but it will be my life from my perspective and I will do my best. Don't abandon me now, dear followers!

3 Comments:

At 6:38 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So for those of us *not* in the know...what is GT Boutique?

 
At 8:39 a.m. , Blogger Raevyn said...

Giant Tiger

 
At 11:53 a.m. , Blogger Angela Dee said...

Glad you're back and blogging! :D

And Elad, I can't believe you didn't know what the GT Boutique was! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home