Sunday, January 04, 2009

This waiting sucks...

Knowing that a final decision from the Zoo could change our lives drastically one way or the other is literally killing me. If they go one way, our prayers are answered. Even a week's pay for every year Hubby's been there would mean all our bills will be paid off and we can start afresh. If it goes the other way...well we're fucked. Plain and simple. Hubby's got NO experience anywhere else. He's been doing this almost half his life and more than 3/4 of his adult life. He has all these plans to pursue truck driving or maybe go back to school to learn another profession, and you know, I'd stand behind him 100% if it wasn't for the fact that we're STONE BROKE. In reality, we've been stone broke since day one of our marriage, but to be perfectly honest, it really hasn't mattered to much to me until now. I'm taking a second job at the end of the month, but will it really help? Hubby's EI will kick in at the end of the month or the beginning of February at the latest. Will we be able to dig ourselves out of this hole?

I honestly don't know, and I'm scared. Truly scared.

2 Comments:

At 11:54 a.m. , Blogger Angela Dee said...

Crap - is the Zoo going under? :( And if Errand Boy is on EI, he can be eligible for funding for retraining. Trust me, it's worth looking into!

 
At 5:31 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel Rae, we were there about 3 years ago. My thoughts are with you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home